Author Topic: This is Brilliant!  (Read 1627 times)

Maple

• View Profile
This is Brilliant!
« on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:31 AM »
I could write a book on what I like. To stay focused...
I'm a one years adult beginner. Have gone through a method book with a teacher. Unhappy with my progress. Unhappy with lack of answers.
Everything in this System appears to have the answers. It all falls in line with other brilliance I have learned from in other endeavors. It has understanding, and how and why. I have learned from and experienced brilliance in other endeavors. The very best always are great at their basics. Answers that others don't have, the best have them, and understand it as common horse sense. This system is just plain brilliant.
As an experienced Beginner learning for a year. I'm a 54 year old male. I am very impressed with Jon's music. It's all perfect for learning at each level. It's beautiful!
I have gone against the grain of nature so much in learning piano in the last year. I did it with a common method book and a teacher. It has effected my mind. My mind just doesn't want to change that way. In this system....It's as if I'm home again. It's putting my mind back together again to proceed the right way. I'm focused again. No more struggling every time I sit at my piano. I feel like the story of the three little pigs... I passed up on the straw house. Tried the wood house and it don't cut it. Even though I know many with wood houses and I'll be nice and not say anything about their playing. Now I've found the brick house and I'm building my own. No it ain't easy. There's much more to put into it of myself. But .... As a Coach of mine said; "Anything worth achieving, takes three years to achieve." (or longer)

Maple

• View Profile
Re: This is Brilliant!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:18:57 AM »
I just wanted to add. I have done many things in my life. Learned many things. In each of them. When I found lesser teaching. They always said: "Well you're just not a XXX" or "It's all your fault". Those are excuses. 
When a person comes up against teaching that is from a Doctorate level. They have answers that are obvious to them. "It's elementary my dear Watson." That statement is so true. I have heard it in different ways from so many that are the very best, they are at Doctorate level thinking. This System has the understanding and answers. This is from the very best Doctorate level thinking for learning piano.